In the area of financial supervision Marrit is an expert in anti-money laundering, economic sanctions and privacy laws. She is experienced in conducting internal investigations and representing companies in proceedings against the regulator. Her expertise also includes economic criminal law. Marrit teaches courses and publishes regularly in legal journals. She is a fellow at the International Center for Financial Law & Governance (ICFG) at Erasmus University.
Chambers writes about Marrit (2016): “She wins praise from market commentators, who describe her as a “very bright, quick, smart and factual lawyer who has a very sharp focus on the issue at hand”. Her way of working is appreciated by clients: “She is proactive and able to provide an implementation which fits best with our company” (Chambers 2016).
Marrit works with Eurius on the basis of a contract of assignment.
Examples of her legal work include:
- advising a Dutch private bank on the implementation of the GDPR and the Dutch GDPR Implementation Act
- execution of internal fraud investigations within the financial sector
- advising a British-American multinational specialised in commercial real estate on the implementation of the Dutch AML Act and the GDPR
- advising a Dutch office of an international law firm on an anti-money laundering policy on the basis of the Dutch AML Act
- representing employees of an international trading company in witness hearings regarding suspicions of malpractice within the company
Marrit regularly publishes and lectures. A list of her publications will be sent upon request.
Marrit is qualified in The Netherlands.
Marrit is a member of the Privacy Law Association and the Association of Entrepreneurial Lawyers Utrecht.
t +31 20 82 08 082