- what personal data we collect and how,
for what purposes and on what grounds we process your personal data;
- how long we keep your personal data;
- who we share your personal data with;
- the rights you have as data subject; and
- how your personal data is protected.
What are personal data? Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. We collect this personal data because you provided this data to us. For example, you may provide data when entering into an agreement with us, by entering your data on our website, by giving us your business card or by applying for a job. We may also collect your personal data from other sources, such as from local counsel, counterparties, the Trade Register, the Land Registry or by using publically available sources.
Eurius may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide our legal services;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For marketing and business development activities, such as news updates, invitations for our events and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- To handle your job application or subscription to any of our recruitment services and events.
We will process your personal data using one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract;
- Compliance with a legal obligation;
- Legitimate interest;
- Your consent.
In some cases we may also share your personal data with third parties. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Third parties relevant to the legal services that we provide, such as counterparties, local counsel, courts, regulatory authorities and governmental institutions.
- Third parties that we engage with, such as supervisory authorities and other bodies, in order to comply with legal obligations.
Third parties to whom we transfer your personal data are themselves responsible for compliance with privacy legislation. Eurius is neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties. To the extent that a third party processes your personal data as a data processor of Eurius, Eurius will conclude a processor agreement with such party that meets the requirements set out in the GDPR.
To be able to provide our services, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data to a recipient in a country outside of the European Economic Area. In that case, Eurius will ensure that the data transfer is compliant with the applicable law.
Your personal data is kept in accordance with the GDPR.
Your personal data is processed up until the moment that you inform Eurius that you no longer wish to receive any digital notices and/or Eurius stops sending you newsletters, white papers, invitations to events or other digital mailings.
Your personal data will be erased if:
- it appears that your email address is no longer in use (for example when error messages are received);
- the consent based on which your personal data is processed and/or stored is withdrawn by you;
- the legitimate interest based on which your personal data is processed, expires because for example if your company ceases to exist; or you have not had any contact with Eurius for a period of 5 years.
At the end of each digital mailing that you receive from Eurius, you can always change your mailing preferences via the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘subscribe’ link. Therefore, you can always withdraw your consent.
In addition, you are entitled to request Eurius to allow you to inspect your personal data and/or to correct it, to make additions, to erase it or to hide it, and/or to restrict it, and/or to provide your personal data in a structured, standard and machine-readable format.
In so far as your personal data is processed on the basis of a legitimate interest, you are entitled to object to this processing. You can address any request in that regard to the address of Eurius B.V. or per email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, you are entitled to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
We want your personal data to remain as secure as possible and accordingly strive to provide secure data transmission between your computer and our servers. Eurius has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against loss or any form of unlawful processing.
Eurius may amend this privacy statement from time to time. On this website, you can always view the latest version of our privacy statement. We would advise you to check the statement regularly and, in any event, whenever you provide us with personal data.