Founder of Eurius is Andries Doets. Andries advises on a wide range of matters concerning Dutch, Luxembourg and European financial regulatory law. His approach is client, rather than product, oriented. He has significant experience in advising on internal and regulatory investigations and he is an expert in anti-money laundering regulations and economic sanctions. His approach is straightforward and aimed at laying bare the essence of the issue at hand.
Andries is ranked in Chambers Europe 2018 and 2019 (Banking & Finance: Regulatory) as ‘leading individual’. Chambers writes (2018): Andries Doets focuses on financial regulation, acting predominantly for financial institutions, trust companies and directors. His scope of expertise also includes supervisory authority investigations and litigation. He recently advised Tele2 Finance on obtaining a licence from the AFM as credit provider. According to clients, he is “engaged, to the point and client-driven.”
Examples of his legal work include:
- advising Tele2 Finance on obtaining a licence as credit provider
- representing Euronext in appeal proceedings against the Dutch Minister of Finance with regard to Euronext’s license as a regulated market operator
- advising a major payment service provider on a restructuring of its governance structure
- representing a former Rabobank trader in disciplinary proceedings with regard to Euribor/Libor
- representing the Dutch Shareholder Association (VEB) with regard to the expropriation by the Dutch state of SNS Bank
- representing Bitonic in proceedings against the Dutch Central Bank in relation to Bitonic’s registration as cryptocurrency exchange.
Andries regularly publishes and lectures on financial regulation. A list of his publications will be sent upon request.
Andries is qualified in The Netherlands and admitted to practice in Luxembourg.
Andries has registered the legal practice area financial law in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister). Based on this registration, he is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in this legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
t +31 20 82 08 082
m +31 6 31 67 03 90